Exercising is where one engages in physical activity and increases the heart rate beyond resting level or any movement that helps your muscles to work and help the body burn calories. Exercises of any kind of intensity help in preventing a range of diseases and health issues. They also provide a range of benefits for the body and mind. Some supports that can help you treat or prevent injuries while exercising are Tynor Knee Cap Comfeel, ZOUYUE Resistance Bands, Wrist, Elbow, Ankle, and Waist supports.
Exercises are divided into three broad categories;
- AEROBIC EXERCISE
Enables the body to use up oxygen. These involve warming up, exercising for about 20 minutes, and then resting. These aerobic exercises help; lower blood pressure, improve blood circulation and flow, improve muscle strength for the entire body, increase red blood cell count, and more.
- ANAEROBIC EXERCISE
This type doesn’t use oxygen for energy instead, people do this kind of exercise to build muscle mass, power, and strength. This type of exercise involves; sprinting, interval training, weightlifting, and fast skipping with a rope. Anaerobic exercise has few benefits for cardiovascular health and uses fewer calories than aerobic exercises. It is more effective for building muscle which helps to burn more fat even when resting and improve on strength.
- AGILITY TRAINING
Improves a person’s ability to maintain control when speeding up, slowing down, or changing direction. Agility training is mostly used in sports that rely more on positioning, coordination, speed, and balance. These sports include; basketball, boxing, wrestling, badminton, tennis, American football, volleyball, soccer, hockey, and martial arts.
- Improves mental health and mood. During exercise, the body produces chemicals like Serotonin that improve your mood and decreases feelings of depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Exercising helps with weight loss. When you regularly exercise, your metabolic rate increases, meaning you burn more calories hence leading to weight loss and preventing obesity.
- Exercising helps to reduce the risk of chronic diseases. It’s been shown that aerobic exercise benefits the body more in a way that helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and more.
- Improves sleep. Regular physical exercises help you sleep better by falling asleep faster and staying asleep longer. This is because the energy depletion lost during exercises stimulates restorative processes during sleep.
- Strengthen your muscles and bones. Exercising helps in building bone density when you’re still young in order to prevent osteoporosis later in life. It also reduces muscle loss as we age and ensure strength maintenance.
- Moderate exercising can help improve your skin’s health by increasing the body’s production of natural antioxidants that protect the skin cells. Skin cells are often affected by the amount of oxidative stress in your body. Oxidative stress is when the body’s antioxidant defenses can’t completely repair the cell damage caused by free radicals. Therefore, one should avoid exhaustive and intense physical exercises because they contribute to oxidative damage.
- Exercising supports the proper functioning of your brain, thinking skills, and memory. It improves blood flow and oxygen to the brain. It stimulates the production of hormones that help in the growth of brain cells.
Exercising may be difficult to maintain for some people because of their busy schedules. But you don’t need large amounts of time per session, to see the benefits, and make a difference in your health. Set a clear goal, work at your pace, and enjoy yourself with the physical activities.