The skin is the largest organ on your body. Healthy skin makes you look young and feel healthier. The skin is exposed to the sun and environmental pollutants at all times. That is why a good skin care routine is important. There are products out there aimed at oily, dry, or combination skin. Before choosing or picking any skin product, it is a good idea to consult a professional to help you determine the products that will benefit your skin the most.
Steps and methods of starting a good skincare routine;
· Cleanser: Wash your face gently with a cleanser suit for your skin type. If you have dry skin, don’t choose an alcohol based cleanser and if you have oily skin, look for an oil-free cleanser. Afterward, rinse with warm water. Cleansers help to remove oil, dirt, makeup, etc.
· Toner: Toner is used after cleansing your face. It helps smooth and calm skin while restoring nutrients.
· Serum: A serum treats skin conditions such as redness, discolouration, dullness, fine lines, or acne.
· Moisturiser: They should be used every time you wash your face because it acts as a barrier between your skin and the environmental things that can harm it.
· Sunscreen: Use a separate sunscreen everyday even if your moisturiser has sunscreen. Choose one that provides broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin from UV rays.
· Exfoliator: Exfoliators are optional and can be used once or twice a week after a cleanser or before a moisturiser.
Benefits of a Skin Care Routine
Some of the top benefits of good skincare routine include:
· It boosts confidence that is when your skin looks better, you’ll feel better about yourself and have more self-confidence.
· It can slow down the signs of aging by removing remove dead skin cells so your body will replace them with newer, more youthful cells.
· It keeps the skin healthy, which in turn keeps you healthier. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best.
· Taking care of your skin now can save you money down the road. Once you find out what works for you, and which products and ingredients suit your skin type, you won’t have to spend money to try out the latest, overhyped, shiny new beauty products.
· It can encourage you to adopt other healthy routines and an overall healthy lifestyle like doing exercises, shifting to healthy foods, or simply getting up early in the morning or going early to bed.
· A daily skincare routine can improve your mental health because taking good care of yourself can improve self-confidence and learn to love and just be yourself, hence making it easier to face challenges and just meet life with a lot more courage and confidence.
Therefore, a good skincare routine is important because following one that actually works can boost your effort to having great healthy skin.